Popular CHG Hand Rub Formulation.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) is effective against bacteria, including MRSA, mycobacteria and fungi. The combination of CHG with alcohol delays bacterial regrowth & results in more excellent residual action.
Bactorub® contains IP grade ethanol. Its formula also includes skin emollients & moisturizing substances that protect & hydrate your skin.
Bactorub® can be used at various places like healthcare settings, restaurants, workplaces, home healthcare, etc.
- Inside Healthcare setup – Disinfect hands as per WHO’s 5 moments of Hand Hygiene in critical & non-critical areas.
- Outside healthcare setup – Disinfect hands while traveling, in crowded places, after touching high-touch areas, using public transport, when in contact with infected patients, when hands are not visibly soiled etc.
How should you use Bactorub ?
- Bactorub® is to be used undiluted on clean, dry hands for Hygienic (Use 3ml & rub for 30 seconds up till wrist) and Surgical Hand disinfection (Use 9ml & rub for 1.5m minutes till elbow/arms), respectively.
Areas of application for Bactorub
- For rapid hand disinfection (Use 3ml & rub for 30 seconds up till wrist)
- For skin antisepsis – use on intact skin, on operative/perioperative region, to be treated, allow to dry up to 30 seconds before incision.